News

HVAC malfunction prompts fire response, evacuation of Boehm

By Kaylee Lindenmuth
News Editor

Firefighters from Kutztown, Fleetwood and Lyons responded to a call just before 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 29, for reports of a smoke condition in Boehm room 137, accompanied by an odor of wires burning.

The building was evacuated and inspected, and crews found burnt out HVAC wires to be the cause of the odor, according to KU University Relations, who added the wires were being replaced.

According to University Relations, there were no injuries resulting from the incident, and there was no danger to anyone in the building, adding that classes continued as scheduled at 11:00 a.m.

Categories: News, Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s